The link to this well made YouTube documentary on the Abortion issue in Victoria was provided anonymously in a combox below. I thought it would be worthwhile bringing it to the surface. My wife and I were very impressed by its quality.
Peccator Inter Peccatores et Insanus Inter Insanos
About This Blog
"Sentire Cum Ecclesia" is a term that was coined by St Ignatius Loyola - the founder of the Jesuits. It means "To think with the Church...."
This is a blog "in the Spirit of Benny 16". We discuss Catholic Theology, Ecumenism, Interfaith relations, History, Liturgy, Philosophy and whatever topics are hot in the ecclesiastical world!
Please comment - with gentleness and reverence! (For more information on posting a comment, see below). Imagine your time here as sitting at my table after dinner while the port bottle is being passed around.
Our motto on this blog is: "Maior autem his est spes"
Leave a comment!
You are most welcome to come and post a comment on Sentire Cum Ecclesia. First time commentators will need to have their comment approved by me, but once I approve your comment I also approve you as a regular commentator.
Therefore, for my own private information, and for my protection, I always ask prospective commentators three questions:
1) your real name
2) Your general geographic location
3) your religious background.
These are personal questions, I know, but I wish to establish a relationship of trust with my commentators. This information will be kept confidential by me as a sign of that trust.
I am a Catholic Blogger.
I am a Thinker and a Member of a world-wide Team.
I serve the Catholic Church and live the Catholic values.
I will always place the mission of the Church first.
I will never accept rebuttal.
I will never quit an argument.
I will come to the defence of the Truth.
I am disciplined, mentally tough,
trained and proficient in rational thinking and argumentation.
I will maintain my bible, my catechism and my blogsite.
I stand ready to pounce, engage, and pick to pieces the enemies of the Catholic Church in reasoned debate.
I am a guardian of Orthodoxy and the Catholic way of life.
I am a Catholic Blogger.
The Schütz Model for a Elective Australian Constitutional Monarchy
I propose that
1) We replace the absentee monarch of Australia (who is also the Monarch of Great Britain) with an elected Australian monarchy.
2) The elected monarch exactly replaces the current monarch in the current constition.
3) The elected monarch has exactly the same powers, duties and responsibilities as those of the current absentee monarch. All the monarch's functions are carried out by his/her personal representatives (as is currently the case): federally by the Governor General, and in the states by the State Governors.
4) The Governor General and the Governors continue to be selected as they currently are.
5) The monarch is elected to sovereignty over Australia for life, but his/her sovereignty is strictly non-hereditary.
6) The elective body is not the federal parliament, but a "college of electors" comprised of the state governors and federal governor general.
7) The election of the monarch must be a unanimous decision on the part of the college of electors.
Whose side are you on?
"On the cross we see a Christ whose love holds Him there, rather than our cruel nails and cross-bars... It is His priests we are and if we pick sides as we sometimes must, we stand by Him; but always with reverence for the whole, for all sides, all reality; always in charity, with a view to ultimate unity, to building up the holy People of God in holiness and truth." - Bishop Anthony Fisher
Sentire Cum Ecclesia · To think with the Church…. In “the Spirit of Benny 16”. Catholic Theology, Ecumenism, Interfaith relations, History, Liturgy, Philosophy and whatever topics are hot in the ecclesiastical world! Please comment – with gentleness and reverence! Our motto on this blog is: <b>”Maior autem his est spes”</b>